We are still required by the Department for Education to report student attendance daily and it remains the parent/ caregiver responsibility to contact the school and keep us informed. While remote, home-learning is happening we will use the following process:
1. Teachers will send out a morning check-in message, at 9.00am, via their usual class communication platform: email, Class Dojo or See-Saw. This will include:
2. Parents/ Caregivers must send a reply by 9.30am
3. If we do not receive a reply, a staff member will follow-up with a phone call to check in. We want this step to be only necessary for a small number and have majority of families replying to the check-in message.
4. All parents/ caregivers that we do not make contact with will be marked as an unexplained absence and may require further follow up by our Student Wellbeing Team and or Department Social Work Duty Line.
5. Any students attending school will be marked as present on the day.
Our Student Wellbeing Team of David Ward, Tony Watson, Sonia Rossi and Amy Rogerson will be monitoring attendance and contacting families on a needs basis to offer a friendly ear and connect them with support where needed. Mitra and Shahin, our Bilingual Support Officers will also be working with this team to provide translation for families who require this.
Support may include, but not limited to, community services, support with school online learning or communication platforms, or accessing paper-based materials.